Wednesday, November 28, 2012

As Above, so Below in the Sheol




A List of Biblical References for 'As Above, so Below' and the Sheol


The LORD kills and makes alive. He brings Down to Sheol and raises Up.
   
- 1 Samuel 2:6
   
When a cloud vanishes it is gone, so he who goes Down to Sheol does not come Up.
  
- Job 7:9

They are High as the Heavens, what can you do? Deeper than the Sheol, what can you know?
   
- Job 11:8

O LORD, You have brought Up my soul from Sheol. You have kept me alive, so that I would not go Down to the Pit.
  
- Psalm 30:3

If I ascend to Heaven, You are there. If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there.
   
- Psalm 139:8

The path of life leads Upward for the wise so that he may keep away from the Sheol Below.
   
- Proverbs 15:24

Ask a sign for yourself from the LORD your God, make it Deep as Sheol or High as Heaven.
   
- Isaiah 7:11

Though they dig Deep into Sheol, from there will My hand take them. And though they Ascend into Heaven, from there will I bring them Down.
   
- Amos 9:2




No comments: